Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Deed is Done

It is true, my husband was laid off today but we are OK for now. Yesterday I was mad, today I am still mad but I am not sad. I'll be sad 6 months from now if things don't turn around though.

I've stepped up my job search with renewed vigor and remain optimistic for now but the job situation on Long Island is dire. There are lot more offerings in NY City and I would have a much better chance finding something in my field there. But, with no family and few friends out here it is difficult to realistically think that we both could commute given that we have two young children. Nevertheless, if the situation dictates that it has to be so then of course we would find a way. Until then, it will be nice having a little more help around the house.

No comments: