Thursday, January 7, 2010

I Just Got Paid Today

My year of unemployment has come to an end, at least for the next six months should I get to serve out my entire contract. And, after what seems like eons, I garnered my first paycheck today. Due to the timing of the payroll and the company's holiday schedule, it was only for three days but it was the sweetest cash that I have earned in a while and I am thoroughly excited.

I spent this last year polishing just about every aspect of my employable world, my resume, my interviewing skills, my professional skills through continuing education, my outlook, my aspirations and my well-being. I exercised, ate even less and lost some weight and increased my frugal reins in addition to spending quality time with my children. It has been quite journey. Now, I am simply grateful and elated for the opportunity to work while remembering my fellow compatriots for whom unemployment marches on. I am rooting for you all.

No comments: