Monday, June 22, 2009

School's In For Summer

Today, I finally started school. O Happy Day! This first 8 hours of class, yes, 8 hours, only 3 times a week though, gives one an immediate satisfaction of accomplishment. Career Development education is an excellent remedy for the unemployed blues. The opportunity to add a valuable, marketable boost to one's resume, especially in this extremely competitive job market, should bring out the inner sunshine of any dispirited soul. You can't beat it!

In fact, I learned today that there is a special program for those who were employed in any of the top financial services firms in New York. They get a whopping $11,000 each for career development training. So, if you are one of those lucky 50 or 100 thousand people laid off, there is money for you to learn. I am not one of those but I still got a deal so there is no excuse. Let them misspend some of that stimulus money on you!

Anyhow, due to my new summer schedule, this would be a fine time for me to learn the art of true blogging; brevity. I should stop now, right?

1 comment:

neshuma said...

The Fan Club votes for your articulating your fine ideas to the extent that you deem fit.

V. glad that professional ed suits you. (School always has, has it not?)

[cm]