Monday, February 8, 2010

Obama's Back Baby!

I haven't spoken for so long I have missed some good stuff. My posts serve as an online diary for me, chronicling my world as I live it; my response to outside forces especially power (politics) and money (finance). What will I think of myself in 2011 without this context to slay my convictions?

So what did I miss? The State of the Union address where the President b-slapped the Democrats, the Republicans and the Supreme Court. Oh no he di'n't!

Then he followed up with a mid-America world tour just to drive the points home. I always liked that line (of many from The Smiths) "it was dark as I drove the point home..." If you know me, you know I digress frequently and often. After all, I am a trivial pursuit.

Anyhow, George Clooney engineered a Live-Aid lite concert to raise funds for Haiti and it was good.

The President again showed some b@lls by attending the House Republican retreat in Baltimore and answered their questions so well that Fox News had to cutaway. Oh no he di'n't!

Since the Democrats are running for the hills and healthcare seems all but dead despite the Democrat majority 59-41 in the Senate, the President now has to swing his own b@lls to the bully pulpit. He has been painting the Republicans as obstructionists and challenging them to come up with solutions.

Obama's Back Baby. I don't know if he'll keep it up but it is a start. But whatever happens, at least I got back my HGTV.

No comments: