Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Too Much Information?

I have written nothing, absolutely nothing today. There are so many issues in the world I cannot even begin to write. Maybe I should take some time off and ponder it all. Is there anyone who can really follow all of the news? Should we even bother to continue?

My husband told me recently that he attended a business meeting where one of the participants recounted that he did not follow the news; it was all doom and gloom and nothing good came out of tuning into it these days. His business was doing fine and that was really all that was important. We were shocked that someone would be so willing to bury his head in the sand especially a businessman on Long Island. Why would someone be so willing to let themselves be ignorant of the current data with respect to understanding the current business climate and planning for the future? We wondered how long he could successfully continue to live in a vacuum.

My husband and I are consumers of news, we do our research because we believe that the more we know, the better the decisions we will make. Judging by the results, this is debatable. Nevertheless, as the stream of negative news continues, it does make you wonder whether sand-guy has a point. Still, I would rather know too much than too little, even if knowing too much sometimes makes me wish I knew very little.

No comments: