Thursday, October 15, 2009

Cheering Up

I just don't seem to be having any fun lately and I'm entering winter which is my least favorite time of year. What can I do to get some pep back in my step? As this blog as devolved into a diary of sorts, it captures more of my mood which isn't too good lately. It seems I am spending more time in a negative spin zone and that can't be good for me. I do, at least, try to stop myself from time to time because I know that I should be of a greater mind and that my outlook should have some shimmer. I really need to cheer up.

Perhaps, I am just reflecting the general mood of the country which is moving beyond cynical, in my opinion. Unfortunately, there is very little to trust these days. Capitalism is front and center and it is showing its ugly side, it seems like greed, corruption and immorality are leading the charge and the acceptance of this as "business as usual" has set us on an even more destructive course of every person for him or herself. It seems that the common good has been left out of the equation lately. Hopefully, it will turn up soon.

No comments: